Washington, D.C. — The Rumsfeld Foundation is pleased to announce the selection of its 2020-21 Graduate Fellows.
This year the Foundation selected 17 graduate scholars who have an interest in serving the nation through a career in public service or in policy-relevant fields to receive a combined $250,000 in grant awards in support of their studies. Entering its twelfth academic year, the Graduate Fellowship Program now includes an impressive network of 161 current and former Fellows, as well as 23 distinguished Program Advisers located at universities nationwide.
Nominated for their demonstrated leadership potential, moral character and academic and civic achievements, the 2020-21 Graduate Fellows include scholars with a diverse collection of backgrounds and experiences. This year’s Fellows will be pursuing studies at universities across the country in fields from international relations and economics to education policy and intelligence, and are comprised of both doctoral and master’s candidates.
Some of the already impressive roles and accomplishments of the 2020-21 Fellows:
- Student Ambassador at The Institute of World Politics
- Intercollegiate Studies Institute Honors Program Scholar
- Advanced Mandarin speaker
- Former U.S. Army Ranger and a former U.S. Marine
- U.S. Naval Academy Foundation program scholarship recipient
- College president’s Research Fellow
- Adjunct instructor of Politics and Government
- Lead Editor of a college of law’s online publication
- Senatorial intern
- Marriott School of Business Healthcare Industry Scholar
- Member of Georgetown’s School of Foreign Service Academic Council
- Bradley Foundation Grant Recipient
- 8-all time all-American swimmer
- Institute for Humane Studies Fellowship recipient
- Romney Institute of Public Management Award recipient
- Elected member of Student Government at the Ford School of Public Policy at the University of Michigan
Along with awarding Fellowship grants, the Foundation is pleased to provide additional opportunities for these service-oriented rising leaders by hosting various events and providing regular communications throughout the year to facilitate further network engagement.
One recently selected 2020-21 Fellow noted, “The Rumsfeld Foundation Graduation Fellowship program offers an opportunity to meet like-minded professionals who agree that public service is a privilege. While the Foundation offers financial support…I value most the opportunity to engage with peers, scholars, and practitioners who will challenge my views and beliefs.”
Over 75% of alumni of the Graduate Fellowship Program are currently serving in public service or policy fields, including in a wide variety of capacities in the Departments of Defense, Energy, Justice, State and Treasury, the U.S. military, U.S. Congress, state and local government, policy and research centers, academia and more. To learn more about the program and the talented leaders that comprise its growing network, please visit the Foundation’s website or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Executive Director, Rumsfeld Foundation